Important sites of massacres of Tutsi in different areas of Rwanda on 17th April 1994 and RPA military operations to stop the Genocide
· Jean-Baptiste Habyarimana, who was the prefect of Butare who opposed the plan to exterminate the Tutsi was killed with all his family.
· From 17th to18th April 1994 the Tutsi who had fled at the parish of Simbi, ST Jean Bosco Secondary school and at Maraba playground in the commune of Maraba were all killed.
· The Tutsi who had fled to CARAES Ndera were killed.
· The Tutsi of Muyaga were killed, after they came from the hideouts as their leaders lied to them that the massacres had stopped.
· The Tutsi who were living nearby the Muhazi at the Kabara shores were all thrown into the lake.
· The Tutsi who had fled to the Commune of Mubuga, currently Nyaruguru district were killed.
· The Tutsi who had fled to the hill of Mwulire and Sovu (in Rwamagana) were all killed.
· About 12000 Tutsi who had fled to Gatwaro stadium in Kibuye were all killed and thrown into a pit dug by Interahamwe militiamen and civilians.
· Clément Kayishema who was the prefect of Kibuye killed the very first Tutsi to set an example to Interahamwe militiamen. Kayishema was sentenced to life imprisonment by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR).
· About 11,000 who had fled to the church of Kibuye and Home St Jean were killed by Interahamwe militiamen led by Izakari and Mbaraga. Those who tried to flee were killed by Interahamwe and thrown into Lake Kivu. Only 25 Tutsi survived that day.
· There were massacres of Tutsi who had fled to the commune of Mubuga in Gikongoro
· There were massacres of the Tutsi of Mwezi in Karengera (Nyamasheke) at the offices of commune of Karengera.
· There were massacres of the Tutsi of Butare in Gihombo; they were killed at the offices of the commune of Rwamatamu.
· There were massacres of the Tutsi of Save in Ruharambuga at Nyamuhunga.
· There were massacres of Tutsi of Buvungira in Bushekeri at Gisakura factory.